Moon@stony-brook.scrc.symbolics.com

Property 9 should read as follows.

    9-  For all X,Z (= (printed-width X S)
		       (progn (write-string Z S) (printed-width X S)))

I.E. the printed-width of a string of simple characters does not
vary based on line position.

More thoughts on whether printed-width etc. should be able to return
rational numbers instead of just integers.  This is certainly logical,
however, it seems to me to be unreasonably in the inefficiency it forces
on the users of these functions.  Note that in order to get the units right,
you would not have to figure out the least common denominator in the widths
of the characters in a font.  It should be sufficient to simply pick the
resolution of the output device (e.g., 72 pixels per inch or whatever).

			Dick