Issue: DECLARE-FUNCTION-AMBIGUITY (version 3)

I don't have strong feelings, since I would never use FTYPE or FUNCTION
declarations anyway.  Nonetheless, I have to oppose this proposal because
it is a completely unnecessary incompatible change to the language.  It
removes the traditional FUNCTION declaration on the grounds that it is
unesthetic to distinguish the old and new FUNCTION declarations on the
basis of whether something is a symbol or a list; this does not strike
me as sufficient justification for an incompatible change.

My opposition is not strong, but I do feel that the proponents of this
proposal should reconsider what they are doing.