Re: Issue: STREAM-INFO (Version 5)

Well, if there really are useful real-world cases where it makes sense to
have most characters be of width R except a couple that are R*732/539, then
I guess it is necessary to go with rational widths, despite the cost in
performance and added confusion.  (I'm assuming that you're not
exaggerating -- if the case is really R*3/2 then the decision is much less
clear.)

I don't violently object to the added complexity.  I just didn't want to
add it for no good reason.

-- Scott