Re: Issue: DECLARE-ARRAY-TYPE-ELEMENT-REFERENCES

    This is inconsistent with current practice in that implementations are
    currently permitted to ignore type declarations altogether -- not just
    for array but for anything.

Sorry 'bout that.  Would you be happy if it was changed to specify
that implementations which pay attention to type declarations must
treat references to array elements as strictly as any other declared
type?

More globally, with the new error terminology we're going to have to
decide whether implementations will still be permitted to ignore type
declarations for interpreted and unoptimized code.  Since these cases
can no longer be "is an error", they've got to become either "should
be signalled", "undefined", or "unspecified".  I favor "should be an
error" because type checking can be a powerful debugging tool and some
current users appear to expect it to work as such, look at the CLX
sources for example.