Re: issue EXIT-EXTENT

> Date: 31 Oct 88 14:47 PST
> From: masinter.pa@Xerox.COM
>
> The proposal would separate the extent of the visibility of the CATCH tag
> from the actual extent of the exit. The CATCH tag would still be visible to
> the THROW inside the UNWIND-PROTECT cleanup clause, it would merely be an
> "error" to execute that THROW.

That doesn't seem very satisfying or useful.  My reading of the
proposal is that the dynamic extent of the CATCH definitely ends as
soon as the THROW commences.  If the intent is really to make it "an
error" to depend on this behavior, then why doesn't the proposal just
say that the dynamic extent of the CATCH is unspecified?

-Sandra
-------