Issue: REQUIRE-PATHNAME-DEFAULTS (Version 3)

   Date: Fri, 11 Nov 88 17:59 PST
   From: Gregor.pa@xerox.com
   Fcc: BD:>Gregor>mail>outgoing-mail-4.text.newest
   Line-Fold: no

   I too would still like to see REQUIRE and PROVIDE removed from the
   language.  In my experience with PCL, they have never proved useful.
   Worse, the fact that some people thought they were useful and kept
   insisiting that I should use them has been annoying.
   -------

I would be happy to see PROVIDE and REQUIRE flushed.  The biggest
problem is coming up with a new mnemonic sentence.  I propose
"Insert Some Extremely Useless Interface Commands".  Doesn't quite
have the kick of the original, though.
--Guy