Re: Issue: REMF-DESTRUCTION-UNSPECIFIED (Version 4)

Current practice in support of JonL's position: Allegro Common Lisp
for the Macintosh (by Coral), Version 1.0, implements the destructive
form of REVERSE (NREVERSE ?) as REVERSE.  I wrote REVERSE! in Common
Lisp and found that it ran a little slower than REVERSE, even taking
gc into account.  I suspect that Coral wrote REVERSE in assembly
language, and compiled CL can't compete.

It would be unfair to accuse Coral of being lazy by not implementing
the destructive version destructively.  If they were lazy, they'd
have written both of them in Common Lisp instead of assembly language.