Issue: DEFPACKAGE (Version 7)

In that case, I guess I want to know what the writeup meant when it
said "At most, the existing package will be modified to reflect the
new definition".  Is this just a suggestion to implementors about what
they MIGHT do, but not a requirement to do it?

Yes, I think it would be nice if this were reworded to make this
clearer.  Assuming I am correct above, this could be something like
"It is undefined but benign [or whatever we decided the appropriate
wording for this situation is] what happens if the new definition is at
variance with the current state of the package; if this has any
effect, it will be no more than updating the existing package to
reflect the new definition."

						barmar