    Date: Fri, 21 Oct 88 20:30:15 PDT
    From: Jon L White <jonl>
    Subject: Issue: FUNCTION-COMPOSITION (Version 2)
    . . .
    I say "gratuitious" because
      (1) no vendor/implementor supplies them now; thus it is not "existing
	  practice" that needs to be standardized;
      (2) no fundamental problem has been exposed because of its lack; no
	  implementational headaches would be resolved, and few (if any) pleas
	  from the user community would be addressed;
      (3) no confusions exists among our community as to what these functionals
	  (or similar such features) mean; hence no need to clarify.