re: Issue: STEP-ENVIRONMENT (Version 3)

I have no problem with TIME behaving as proposed.  I have serious problems with
STEP though, as far as compiled behavior.  I don't agree that it is easy to get
the environment right in this case, because it would require the interpreter to
handle compiler data structures, which might not even be possible.  Maybe I'm
misunderstanding what is wanted for compiled STEP.  If what is wanted is that
execution of interpreted code which occurs within the context of the STEP macro
should be stepped, then that's ok, and I'll vote YES.