Re: Issue: DECLARE-TYPE-FREE (Version 9)

    Date: 3 Jan 89 11:35 PST
    From: masinter.pa@Xerox.COM

    Well, I think it is enforcable, if you have specialized storage.

Can you give me a concrete example? I'm basically saying that since it's you
that wants to introduce a restriction, the burden of proof is on you to show
a single example where the restriction buys you somthing. If you think it
does buy you something, I'm not calling you a liar -- I'm just saying I'm not
able to see the example you're hinting at.

So far, the only concrete example we have is one which has a perfectly
legitimate interpretation or an "is an error" interpretation. You're saying
you want to opt for the "is an error" interpretation, but you're not saying
what I buy for giving up the flexibility.

As soon as we start talking about concrete examples, I think we'll be making
headway.