Re: Issue FIXNUM-NON-PORTABLE, v4

> There are relatively few legitimate uses of FIXNUM in portable code,

While I sometimes use such arguments myself, I do not think it is
true in general that only portable code matters.  I want fixnums
because they let me do something is the same way in all implementations
that do it.  Also, in most implementations fixnums are big enough to
contain the address part of a pointer to a data object.  Therefore,
they are always big enough to count objects.