Re: Issue: EXIT-EXTENT (Version 6)

I guess I want to add my personal feeling on this issue:

I'm willing to vote for MINIMAL on the grounds that, although it isn't the
cleanest semantics, it is consistent with the goal of allowing
high-performance implementations, and we have ample documentation that some
implementations benefit considerably by this; secondarily on the grounds
that MEDIUM would be a serious incompatibility for some implementations. I
wasn't willing to vote for MINIMAL on the grounds that MEDIUM couldn't be
described or understood, which is why I put effort into describing MEDIUM
even though I'm willing to vote for MINIMAL.

Maybe I wasted my time as far as the outcome is concerned, but I think
we'll have to defend the positions we take well into the future, that they
were well-considered and that decisions were made on technical grounds.