Issue: DECLARE-TYPE-FREE (Version 9)

    Date: Wed, 11 Jan 89 12:20 EST
    From: Kent M Pitman <KMP@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>

    Btw, I spoke last week on the phone to Jonathan Rees about this. He's not
    yet gotten around to sending mail but he said...
      - he doesn't think the ALLOW proposal is a good idea
      - the ALLOW proposal is inconsistent with the proposal in
	SYMBOL-MACROLET-SEMANTICS

Oops. I meant to say "SYMBOL-MACROLET-DECLARE", of course.

    He hadn't seen the actual LEXICAL proposal yet, but from my description
    of the differences, he seemed pretty firm on the idea that it was the
    right idea.