New versions vs amendments

The problem with DECLARE-TYPE-FREE is that people only had a chance to see
the "wrong" version. If there are issues that have been released, and we
think we will want to amend them, we can bring along copies of the
amended/edited issues; I think it will actually make it easier than trying
to edit them on the fly.

Better still would be to have the amendment *and* the amended version. I
think that would allow people who made up their mind about an earlier
version to see what was different.

We also have to be more conservative about wording changes to minimize the
differences.