Re: Issue: EQUAL-STRUCTURE (Version 6)

>  - Moon contends that standard practice in Symbolics Lisp is
>    for instances to be compared using EQ under EQUALP, not by
>    descending. There may be performance issues involved here.
>    Some agreement needs to be reached.

It is also true on the Explorer that Flavor instances are not descended by
EQUALP.  However, I imagine that this was just an oversight in the addition of
EQUALP to the implementation, and am of the opinion that it would be better if
it did compare the components.  The only problem I can think of with doing that
is handling unbound slots; perhaps it needs to be specified that two unbound
slots are EQUALP and an unbound slot is never EQUALP to a bound slot.