Issue: ADJUST-ARRAY-NOT-ADJUSTABLE (Version 6)

re: I conclude that the strict interpretation may be preferred, but not for the
    reasons Jonl has advanced!  The liberal interpretation does *not* prevent
    compilers for stock hardware from producing good code, and therefore the
    code example does not support his claim to the contrary.

Guy, I fear that you have made an error of logic in analyzing my example.
You use the "strict" interpretation to conclude that the example is
incorrect code (as it should be!); but the whole point of the example is
to show that under the "liberal" interpretation, it's correctness depends
on the implementation rather than on a implementation-independent definition.

If you don't see this, then perhaps we should talk about it "off line".

-- JonL --