Re: Issue: EXPT-ZERO-ZERO (Version 1)

    Date: 16 Mar 89 21:10 PST
    From: masinter.pa@Xerox.COM

    Kent, do you want to proceed with this one? I don't think it is necessary
    or even a good idea. What do other programming languages do?

    If you do, I think we should leave (EXPT 0 0) = 1 and (EXPT 0.0 0) = 1 and
    only deal with (EXPT 0.0 0.0) and (EXPT 0 0.0).

Let's table it.

I asked a bunch of the people here about it and they didn't really buy
all the arguments advanced for why it was such a good idea to have 1
come out, but they didn't really care a lot since it was pretty easy to
special case zero before it ever got into EXPT in the first place.

    Doesn't this fit into the ERRORS-IN-NUMBERS-CHAPTER spectrum?

If we were going to pursue it, I guess it could.