Issue: LOAD-TRUENAME

My notes say that Moon wanted some other variables. I wrote this up as
an amendment, but neither the amendment nor the proposal was ever voted on.

Moon mailed out a version 2 but then withdrew it in favor of my amendment.

The text of my amendment was:

 Proposed amendment to LOAD-TRUENAME			KMP 3/30/89

  Also introduce new variables:

  *LOAD-PATHNAME*

  This special variable is initially NIL but is bound by LOAD
  to hold a pathname which represents the filename given as the
  first argument to LOAD.  That is, (PATHNAME arg1).

  *COMPILE-FILE-PATHNAME*

  This special variable is initially NIL but is bound by COMPILE-FILE
  to hold a pathname which represents the filename given as the
  first argument to COMPILE-FILE.  That is, (PATHNAME arg1).

  Rationale:

   The truename may be useful to tell the real file being loaded,
   but sometimes information about the link names or logical devices
   traversed is important, too.

   Note that these new variables alone are not adequate since
   TRUENAME on these pathnames might not yield the value of the
   -TRUENAME* variables if the file has been deleted or protected
   since the open occurred (in some implementations).

The problem is whether the values of the -pathname variables is the
original argument or the merged, defaulted value. Moon thinks it
should be the latter. I think there are arguments for either
one, but also think that this sub-issue is "in the noise" and
should not hold up progress. Loeffler volunteered to work on this.

By a 14-1 vote, we deferred this to the next meeting.