Issue: SETF-MULTIPLE-STORE-VARIABLE

    Date: Thu, 4 May 89 09:21:58 PDT
    From: Ramana Rao <rao@arisia.Xerox.COM>

    This message is to encourage the cleanup committee to get to and accept this
    proposal

We'd better!  June?

    and to bring up a related issue having to do with setf generic functions in CLOS.

setf generic functions, like the short form of defsetf, only work for storing single
values.  To store multiple values you need to use the long form of defsetf or
define-setf-method.  I don't think it's at all hard to make a macro that expands
into a defmethod and a defsetf.  It's probably not worth trying to change the
syntax of defmethod to be that macro (I think we already considered that a couple
years ago and uncovered some problems).