Re: Issue: PATHNAME-LOGICAL (version 2)

I think this discussion is leading in a productive direction. Standardizing
on a funny syntax for namestrings on the grounds that it is  "different
enough" from the file systems we know about seems like we're going in the
wrong direction; it presumes that we know about all possible file systems
to which the Standard might need to be connected.

If we want to do anything about logical pathnames at all, building Lisp
constructors for them (either as a new function, MAKE-LOGICAL-PATHNAME, or
possibly a just new keyword for MAKE-PATHNAME which can be used instead of
host+device+directory) sounds less likely to lead us into trouble.