Re: Issue: ADJUST-ARRAY-NOT-ADJUSTABLE (version 10)

[removed x3j13, added cl-cleanup to distribution]

>   If the array returned by ADJUST-ARRAY is not EQ to its
>   first argument, the consequences of any reference to the original array
>   are undefined.

I'm not sure I understand the motivation for this restriction.  I'm
guessing that you want to permit the storage used by the original
array to be re-used.  This is OK, however, I think prohibiting
references to the original array is going overboard -- you probably
really want to only restrict references to its contents via AREF.

For example, the rationale section says you should do
  (setq x (adjust-array x ...))
Just after ADJUST-ARRAY returns, but before the SETQ happens, X
still contains a reference to the original array, and hence this example
is in error.

-Sandra
-------