Re: issue MACRO-ENVIRONMENT-EXTENT, version 2

> Aha, that makes more sense now.  However, how would you handle
> AUGMENT-ENVIRONMENT without modifying your implementation?
> Presumably it would have to add things to the list in the special
> variable, but how would you know when to take them off again?

I hadn't thought about that before, but that could be handled by using
the interpreter's representation for the AUGMENT-ENVIRONMENT data and
having the environment accessors look there before using the compiler's
special variables.  The compiler wouldn't ever be looking at an
augmented environment; macros would, but the interpreter and compiler
already need to use the same representation for local macro definitions.