Re: issue QUOTE-MAY-COPY, version 2

> Date: Mon, 12 Dec 88 15:48:45 EST
> From: Dan L. Pierson <pierson@mist.encore.com>
>
> However, my position on this is not unalterable.  I would like to see
> a writeup with more discussion that fairly presents both views.  As
> with so many of the compiler issues, this one has gotten buried in
> such a torrent of mail that I can't keep track of all the arguments.

Sigh.  It seemed like most of that "torrent of mail" was more heat
than light, but I thought I had managed to extract the main arguments
on both sides.  It certainly wasn't my intention for the writeup to
squelch or misrepresent the viewpoint that I happen to personally
disagree with.  If anybody wants to submit a *brief* argument (not
more than a couple paragraphs) to summarize their point of view, I'll
be happy to add it to the discussion section.

-Sandra
-------