issue DEFINE-OPTIMIZER, version 5

While I like the proposal in general, I don't think it's appropriate to
add this to the language at this time.  If most Lisp vendors are in
favor of it, though, my objection is pretty weak.  But there's still the
editorial issue of adding it to the standard.  I don't really think it's
worth it for the first version of the standard.

Also, I don't see a whole lot of value in portable optimizers.  Yes, the
Macsyma example is a good one, but the real value of optimizers comes
when they translate into calls to extra fast, internal functions.
Portable optimizers can't do this, and non-portable optimizers don't
need to be defined using a portable mechanism.

                                                barmar