Re: issue COMPILE-FILE-HANDLING-OF-TOP-LEVEL-FORMS

I guess I'm not sure exactly what I should be more specific about in
this proposal, and how specific you all would like it to be.  I don't
think it would be appropriate to give code examples and say things like
"DEFMACRO *must* expand into *exactly* this set of forms".  The hooks
used by DEFSETF, for example, are necessarily quite implementation-specific
and it would be pointless to try to dictate what they must be.

What I've been trying to do is lay out what users must do to ensure that
their code is portable, and what implementions must and must not do.
Walter has already pointed out some particular things he'd like
mentioned, and if anybody else has something specific to add, I'd be
happy to hear about it.  I know I've left some things out just because
I didn't happen to think of them at the time I wrote this proposal!

-Sandra
-------