[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: issue EVAL-WHEN-NON-TOP-LEVEL
- From: Jon L White <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sat, 21 May 88 04:42:51 PDT
- Cc: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-reply-to: "AITG::VANROGGEN"'s message of 20 May 88 11:19:00 EDT <8805201736.AA15806@edsel.lucid.com>
re: A major nit (!?): Isn't there a cleanup proposal to disallow lexically
binding special-forms in FLET, LABELS, and MACROLET? If so, your
EVAL-WHEN macro is doing a no-no. You might want to change the statement
from "suggested implementation technique" to "implemented as if".
This proposal changes EVAL-WHEN from being a special-form into being a
MACRO [that expands into some readily-understandable(?) code]. Thus it
wouldn't be subject to the no-shadowing-of-special-forms rule.
-- JonL --