issue QUOTE-SEMANTICS, version 2

I favor QUOTE-SEMANTICS:NO-COPYING for two reasons:
(1) it's clearly more aesthetic.
(2) I can't support either of the other two proposals because they use
the words "copying" and "coalescing" without defining their meaning.

My position could be changed to
QUOTE-SEMANTICS:COPYING-ALLOWED-BUT-NO-CONSTRAINTS by adding definitions
for those two words and by a strong argument that the implementation
cost of QUOTE-SEMANTICS:NO-COPYING is too high, since I believe to some
extent JonL's argument (quoted in the discussion section) that EQL of
(some types of) constants does not matter.

I can't imagine any argument that would convince me to
support QUOTE-SEMANTICS:SAME-AS-COMPILE-FILE.  I believe Kent's
arguments against it (quoted in the discussion section).