Re: issue COMPILED-FUNCTION-REQUIREMENTS, version 4

    Date: Thu, 16 Mar 89 12:31 EST
    From: Barry Margolin <barmar@FAFNIR.THINK.COM>

    Another thing I just thought of is something like:

    	(when (typep f '(and function (not compiled-function)))
    	  (setq f (compile nil f)))

    This doesn't actually work because COMPILE isn't required to accept
    lexical closures (well, at least it doesn't accept them in Genera 7.2),
    but they satisfy the type specifier, but it would be nice if there were
    a standard set of primitives that would allow one to write something
    that does what the above tries to do.

One of Kent's points in earlier discussion was that it should (read
MUST) be safe to blindly apply to COMPILE to any symbol with a
function definition.  I thought there was general agreement on this.
If the lastest draft contradicts this then it needs to be fixed.