issue COMPILE-ENVIRONMENT-CONSISTENCY, version 4

    Date: Wed, 15 Mar 89 21:38:06 CST
    From: alarson@src.honeywell.com (Aaron Larson)

    If we permit the compiler to signal warnings for functions where the
    compile-time environment signature is different from the function call
    being compiled, why do we prohibit it for generic functions?

I would say that what CLOS-MACRO-COMPILATION (which I have not reviewed yet)
is clearly incorrect.  Perhaps CLOS-MACRO-COMPILATION was trying only to rule
out signalling an error for a lack of lambda-list congruency between
compile-time and run-time, but went overboard and ruled out warnings
as well.  I think warnings in this circumstance can be desirable, but
errors are certainly wrong.