Re: issue OPTIMIZE-DEBUG-INFO

I like the second option better too, even though the implementation
I've been hacking on in my spare time also uses the safety parameter
to control how much inlining to do.  The problem with that approach is
that I don't really think that safety and debuggability have much to
do with each other.  (For instance, you could code accessors like CAR
inline with full type checking, but still not be able to trace them.)

I agree that the various OPTIMIZE qualities are confusing, and in fact
one of the issues on our list has been to try to put together some
suggested guidelines on what they should do.

-Sandra
-------