**DRAFT** issue SYNTACTIC-ENVIRONMENT-ACCESS (version 4)

   Date: Tue, 14 Mar 89 18:41 EST
   From: David A. Moon <Moon@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>

   This looks good so far.  A few comments that might help you
   along with the draft:

   The :MACRO argument to AUGMENT-ENVIRONMENT shouldn't look like the CADR
   of a MACROLET special form, instead it should be a list of lists (name
   function).  That is, the expander functions should be supplied in the
   form of functions rather than in the form of the source text used by
   MACROLET.  Your rationale argues against this but I strongly believe
   that the rationale is wrong.  I wouldn't mind seeing the parsing portion
   of MACROLET made available as a separate function.

A small point: Shouldn't this be an a-list of the form
(name . function) instead of a list of lists?