**DRAFT** issue SYNTACTIC-ENVIRONMENT-ACCESS (version 4)

   Date: Fri, 17 Mar 89 15:48 EST
   From: David A. Moon <Moon@stony-brook.scrc.symbolics.com>

       Date: Wed, 15 Mar 89 12:40:06 PST
       From: Eric Benson <eb@lucid.com>

	  Date: Tue, 14 Mar 89 18:41 EST
	  From: David A. Moon <Moon@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>

	  The :MACRO argument to AUGMENT-ENVIRONMENT shouldn't look like the CADR
	  of a MACROLET special form, instead it should be a list of lists (name
	  function).

       A small point: Shouldn't this be an a-list of the form
       (name . function) instead of a list of lists?

   Oh, I keep forgetting that some people have to worry about the efficiency
   of conses versus lists.  I don't care which it is.

Well, don't forget PAIRLIS and ACONS, which make the CONS format
a little easier to use than the LIST format.

[Voice 1: AAAAHHHHH!!!  No!!! Not FORMAT!!!]

Calm down; I meant it generically.  Make that "organization".

[Voice 2:  AUUGUGGHH!  Not generics!]

--Guy