[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Issue COMPILER-LET-CONFUSION, v3
- To: "Kim A. Barrett" <IIM@ecla.usc.edu>, email@example.com
- Subject: Re: Issue COMPILER-LET-CONFUSION, v3
- From: Jeff Dalton <jeff%aiai.edinburgh.ac.uk@NSS.Cs.Ucl.AC.UK>
- Date: Tue, 3 Jan 89 17:17:17 GMT
- In-reply-to: Kim A. Barrett's message of Sat 31 Dec 88 19:37:21-PST
> And some of us do. I freely admit that COMPILER-LET is rarely used, and
> probably even more rarely used correctly because it isn't well documented.
Is there a way to make COMPILER-LET work correctly short of requiring
that interpreters do a macroexpansion prepass? Right now, I can't use
COMPILER-LET in portable code because some macroexpansions happen after
the dynamic extent of the COMPILER-LET bindings has ended.