Re: proposal LOAD-TIME-EVAL:REVISED-NEW-SPECIAL-FORM

> Date: Tue, 20 Sep 88 19:46 EDT
> From: David A. Moon <Moon@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>
>
> This function needs a way to tell whether a COMPILE-FILE is in
> progress or not (as does CLOS); I hope that the compiler committee is
> going to propose that the environment argument to macros can be used for
> this purpose.  Symbolics Genera currently uses a special variable to
> convey this information, which has all the bugs that dynamic scoping
> always has.

This is not on our list of pending issues, but feel free to submit a
proposal if you have something specific in mind.  The same goes for
anybody else who has a nit to pick relating to compilation issues,
that we haven't gotten around to yet.  Unfortunately, I'm not a mind
reader.  :-(

-Sandra
-------