[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: Gray@DSG.csc.ti.com
- Subject: proposal LOAD-TIME-EVAL:REVISED-NEW-SPECIAL-FORM
- From: Jon L White <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 27 Sep 88 22:51:26 PDT
- Cc: sandra%defun@CS.UTAH.EDU, cl-compiler@SAIL.STANFORD.EDU
- In-reply-to: David N Gray's message of Tue, 27 Sep 88 10:02:06 CDT <2800364526-11661307@Kelvin>
re: At Lucid, we all seem to favor flushing #,. Who really wants it?
I do for one. We are using an equivalent of LOAD-TIME-VALUE in our
implementation of CLOS, and I see no reason to not make that feature
available to users.
You misunderstand. I was railing against #, -- not at all against the
"new-special-form" proposal, which I supported in a veiled way.
re: I thought that Pitman already did a good job of showing why #, is needed.
and I thought not; certainly the MacLisp experience with "squids" is
irrelevant to any modern Lisp.
-- JonL --