proposal LOAD-TIME-EVAL:REVISED-NEW-SPECIAL-FORM

re:     At Lucid, we all seem to favor flushing #,.  Who really wants it?
    I do for one.  We are using an equivalent of LOAD-TIME-VALUE in our
    implementation of CLOS, and I see no reason to not make that feature
    available to users.

You misunderstand.  I was railing against #, -- not at all against the
"new-special-form" proposal, which I supported in a veiled way.

re: I thought that Pitman already did a good job of showing why #, is needed.

and I thought not; certainly the MacLisp experience with "squids" is
irrelevant to any modern Lisp.

-- JonL --