Re: **DRAFT** issue QUOTE-MAY-COPY

Thank you for your comments.  A similar idea did crop up a while back
in one of our internal discussions on this issue -- that any copying
is performed when the random list representing a program is promoted
into a real program by evaluation or compilation -- but it kind of got
lost in the shuffle.

I'm not so sure that we really need to talk about whether it is
legitimate for entire programs to be copied, at least for this issue.
An alternate way of looking at the problem we're trying to resolve
here is whether a constants in a program must be EQL to the objects in
the source code for that program that happen to represent those
constants.

-Sandra
-------