Issue: COMPILER-LET-CONFUSION (Version 4)

I agree will all of your criticisms here; in particular:

  -- Kent's argumentations belongs in the discussion section rather than
     in the problem statement (well, at least they are intended to be
     technical argumentations rather than testimonials, I think.)
  -- "Both MACROLET and COMPILER-LET are fairly advanced features." -- yes,
     and both can wind up being much more opaque than global definitions.
     The argument _for_ COMPILER-LET should not be based upon the false
     analogy of replacing LET with FLET, but rather on the replacement
     of "local" facilities by "global" ones (but I suspect the case might
     be a little weaker).

-- JonL --