[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Issue: DEFINE-OPTIMIZER
- From: Kent M Pitman <KMP@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>
- Date: Thu, 29 Sep 88 11:23 EDT
- Cc: email@example.com, Gray@dsg.csc.ti.com, CL-Compiler@sail.stanford.edu, KMP@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM
- In-reply-to: <880929112027.8.KMP@GRYPHON.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>, <8809282340.AA10285@bhopal>
If all you're saying is that people shouldn't write optimizers
on functions they didn't write, I'm happy to stipulate that.
I don't want this facility so that people can optimize
STRING-APPEND. I want it so that I can write a window system
with functions that take hairy keyword arguments and I can
still optimize those functions (which I wrote, and for which
the system will have no conflicting operators anyway) efficiently.