[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Issue: WITH-COMPILATION-UNIT (Version 1)
- To: KMP@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM
- Subject: Issue: WITH-COMPILATION-UNIT (Version 1)
- From: Eric Benson <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 29 Sep 88 15:50:43 pdt
- Cc: CL-Compiler@SAIL.Stanford.EDU, KMP@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM
- In-reply-to: Kent M Pitman's message of Thu, 29 Sep 88 18:11 EDT <880929181138.2.KMP@GRYPHON.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>
Note that if nested, either lexically or dynamically, only the
outer call to WITH-COMPILATION-UNIT has any effect.
Lexical nesting doesn't matter, only dynamic. Any example of
lexical nesting without dynamic nesting would be utterly bizarre
(DEFUN COMPILE-FILES (&REST FILES)
(MAPCAR #'(LAMBDA (FILE) (COMPILE-FILE FILE)) FILES)))
I don't think you meant to put () in there.
Lucid implements this in 3.0, as WITH-DEFERRED-WARNINGS. I support