Re: issue CONSTANT-CIRCULAR-COMPILATION, version 4

I really dislike the idea of allowing it to be meaningful to tweak
this variable on the fly during compilation.  I mean, I already
dislike the idea of adding the flag, but this is just too much.  In a
multipass compiler, dumping of constants may not happen until much
later than the processing of EVAL-WHEN forms.  For example, you might
not even look at constants until you've read in the code from the
entire file and performed the required processing on top-level-forms.
Plus, what happens if you try to coalesce a constant in created one
place where *DUMP-CIRCLE* was true with one that was created in
another place where *DUMP-CIRCLE* was false?

-Sandra
-------