**DRAFT** issue QUOTE-MAY-COPY

re: > I believe that QUOTE has to return THE argument it is given.

[That's Aarons' comment].

I say, "Suuuuuuure, you will get THE argument".  Now, the only question
is, how do you know what you were given?  Use EQ, use EQL?  Why?
I say, use COALESCABLEP.  That's good enough for identity of constants.

The only conceivable reason why the EQ/EQL version of identity could
matter is if you allow runtime updating of "constants" -- in that case,
you need a pointer to the real place that was updated rather than a
pointer to an equivalent copy.  But we are outlawing constant modification,
right?

-- JonL --