Re: issue CONSTANT-CIRCULAR-COMPILATION, version 4

> Regardless of the disposition of COMPILER-LET, I think the proposal had
> better also say that *dump-circle* is rebound to its current value at least
> during COMPILE-FILE.  That way a source file can (eval-when (compile)
> (setq *dump-circle* t)) if it contains circular structure.

That sounds like a good solution to me.  If COMPILE-FILE binds it around
all passes of the compiler, then the compile-time evaluation will remain
in effect for all subsequent passes.  The proposal should note that
COMPILER-LET is not an appropriate way to control this.