[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Issue: COMPILER-VERBOSITY (Version 5)
- To: CL-Compiler@SAIL.STANFORD.EDU
- Subject: Issue: COMPILER-VERBOSITY (Version 5)
- From: David A. Moon <Moon@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>
- Date: Tue, 24 Jan 89 21:28 EST
- Cc: Common-Lisp-Implementors@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM
I'm glad you decided to withdraw COMPILER-VERBOSITY:USE-CONDITIONS, I
thought it was excessive.
For LIKE-LOAD, I don't understand why there is a special variable to
control the default for one option (:VERBOSE), but not for the other
(:PRINT). That's just mindless inconsistency. The cost to users
section even remarks that some users will find it irritating that they
can't control the other default!
Let's just add variables *LOAD-PRINT* and *COMPILE-PRINT* controlling
the defaults for :PRINT options to both functions.
Note for current practice that Cloe has a *LOAD-PRINT* because we found
this was usually something you wanted to control per-user, not per-call.