Re: Issue DEFCONSTANT-NOT-WIRED (V2)

The last time this issue came up, it go bogged down in an argument
about how to define DEFCONSTANT in terms of a CONSTANT proclamation.
While the bogging down was unfortunate, I believe that the strong
connection between DEFCONSTANT and any CONSTANT declaration is obvious
and correct.  Therefore I oppose any CONSTANT declaration which
doesn't duplicate the semantics of DEFCONSTANT (and I'd really like to
see DEFCONSTANT defined in terms of such a declaration).

On the other hand, if you want to rename your proposed new
declaration, I might be willing to support it.