[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Issue: QUOTE-SEMANTICS, or QUOTE-MAY-COPY (Version 4)
- To: KMP@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM
- Subject: Issue: QUOTE-SEMANTICS, or QUOTE-MAY-COPY (Version 4)
- From: Jon L White <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 27 Jan 89 02:41:25 PST
- Cc: Moon@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM, CL-Compiler@SAIL.STANFORD.EDU, Common-Lisp-Implementors@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM
- In-reply-to: Kent M Pitman's message of Wed, 25 Jan 89 12:11 EST <890125121120.8.KMP@BOBOLINK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>
re: The problem is that a lot of copying advocates have been going around
trying to use "the need for copying" as leverage for restricting
the set of things which I may quote. My view is that it is my write
to quote whatever I want, and it's up to the person who thinks they
can do something fun with copying to not get themselves in deeper than
they can handle.
Kent, I agree with you 100% on this (your "point 2"; modulo typos, of course).
It looks like you and I may be in agreement about this whole issue.
-- JonL --