Issue: QUOTE-SEMANTICS, or QUOTE-MAY-COPY (Version 4)

re:     The problem is that a lot of copying advocates have been going around
	trying to use "the need for copying" as leverage for restricting
	the set of things which I may quote. My view is that it is my write
	to quote whatever I want, and it's up to the person who thinks they
	can do something fun with copying to not get themselves in deeper than
	they can handle.

Kent, I agree with you 100% on this (your "point 2"; modulo typos, of course).
It looks like you and  I may be in agreement about this whole issue.

-- JonL --