[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Issue: EXTENSIONS-POSITION (version 1)
- To: masinter.pa@Xerox.COM
- Subject: Re: Issue: EXTENSIONS-POSITION (version 1)
- From: email@example.com (Sandra J Loosemore)
- Date: Tue, 31 Jan 89 13:45:40 MST
- Cc: chapman%aitg.DEC@decwrl.dec.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- In-reply-to: masinter.pa@Xerox.COM, 31 Jan 89 11:18 PST
CLtL p. 351 indicates that more # read macros could be added to the
standard language, but doesn't really address the issue of whether
implementations can provide their own # read macros. It does list a
set that are explicitly reserved for users, though.
I know of at least one implementation (Lucid) that has added a #P
syntax for pathnames -- see the requirement on p. 370 that pathnames
PRINT in such a way that they can be READ in again.