re: COMPILER-LET-CONFUSION

As to putting the DEFMACROs inside a LET, I was assuming
DEFINING-MACROS-NON-TOP-LEVEL:ALLOW passes.  I probably should have
been explicit about that, sorry.

As to the missing quote -- are you sure?  Wouldn't you then need to
have SYMBOL-MACRO-VALUE do an EVAL to remove the quote?  From reading
the CLOS chapter 2 document I got the impression that the value of
a symbol macro is a literal constant and you should only quote it if
you want the quote to show up in the macroexpansion.

-Sandra
-------