[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: Kim A. Barrett <IIM%ECLA@ECLC.USC.EDU>
- Subject: re: COMPILER-LET-CONFUSION
- From: email@example.com (Sandra J Loosemore)
- Date: Sat, 18 Feb 89 08:57:32 MST
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org, kmp@SCRC-STONY-BROOK.ARPA, cl-compiler@SAIL.STANFORD.EDU
- In-reply-to: Kim A. Barrett <IIM%ECLA@ECLC.USC.EDU>, Thu 16 Feb 89 16:50:53-PST
As to putting the DEFMACROs inside a LET, I was assuming
DEFINING-MACROS-NON-TOP-LEVEL:ALLOW passes. I probably should have
been explicit about that, sorry.
As to the missing quote -- are you sure? Wouldn't you then need to
have SYMBOL-MACRO-VALUE do an EVAL to remove the quote? From reading
the CLOS chapter 2 document I got the impression that the value of
a symbol macro is a literal constant and you should only quote it if
you want the quote to show up in the macroexpansion.