cl-compiler issue status, as of 3/5

Here's a quick summary of active cl-compiler issues.

These issues seem to be in pretty good shape right now.  I know some
of them will need minor changes to the writeup before they are
released, mostly relating to updating current practice and tightening
up error language.  Some of them haven't gotten much comment since the
last version was distributed.

COMPILE-FILE-SYMBOL-HANDLING
    (Except for possible flames from JonL?)
COMPILED-FUNCTION-REQUIREMENTS
COMPILER-DIAGNOSTICS
COMPILER-VERBOSITY
CONSTANT-CIRCULAR-COMPILATION
CONSTANT-COLLAPSING
CONSTANT-COMPILABLE-TYPES
LOAD-TIME-EVAL
MACRO-CACHING
MACRO-ENVIRONMENT-EXTENT
    (Except for conflicting reports about what CLOS assumes.)
QUOTE-SEMANTICS

The writeups for the following issues still need major revisions.  These
are the ones I personally think are important and am going to try to finish
up in time to be voted on.

CLOS-MACRO-COMPILATION
    (New issue on compile-time behavior of CLOS defining macros,
    waiting for input from CLOS committee.)
COMPILE-ENVIRONMENT-CONSISTENCY
    (The new version of the writeup is complete except for the CLOS
    section.)
COMPILER-LET-CONFUSION
    (Probably present both ELIMINATE and REPAIR proposals but add Kim's
    SYMBOL-MACROLET technique to the presentation.)
DEFINING-MACROS-NON-TOP-LEVEL
    (Needs to be updated to match EVAL-WHEN-NON-TOP-LEVEL.)
EVAL-WHEN-NON-TOP-LEVEL
    (We need to try to reach closure on this, or agree to present more than
    one proposal.)

These are issues where the writeups still need major revisions but
somebody else is going to have to work on them.  (I certainly don't
want to discourage anybody from doing so.)

COMPILE-FILE-ENVIRONMENT
DEFCONSTANT-NOT-WIRED
DEFINE-OPTIMIZER
PROCLAIM-ETC-IN-COMPILE-FILE
SYNTACTIC-ENVIRONMENT-ACCESS (aka MACRO-ENVIRONMENT-CREATOR)
WITH-COMPILATION-UNIT

-Sandra

-------