Re: What happens when no handler is found?

Okay, you've convinced me that programs might very often signal
conditions without handlers; often enough that it ought to be
simple to do.  Nevertheless, I still think there is a class of
conditions (perhaps exemplified by EOF) where

1.  It is a programmer error if there is no handler.
2.  It's inelegant to consider the condition a subtype of ERROR.
3.  A missing handler is better reported as MISSING-HANDLER
    than ERROR:  EOF.

Of course, it's simple enough to make a subtype of CONDITION
called MUST-BE-HANDLED-CONDITION and a global handler for it
that signals the programmer error.  Should that condition and
its handler be part of the standard?

Brian Marick